Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Bloody Show

No pictures.
Well, ok, maybe this one. Seriously, what did you expect?

Last night was our third birthing class hence the title of this post. Bloody show is the actual name of the mucus plug that releases at the beginning of labor. In my opinion it should also be the title of the movie they showed last week. Or at least a term for labor. Its just a little more rock and roll than "labor". Labor just sounds like work. Bloody show has pazaz! "Honey, it's time for the bloody show!"

This week's class was actually really nice. A little massage techniques and a nice conversation about drugs. Planning, not panic. Last week left me pretty exhausted. Katie has been a little worried that I won't hold up my end of the bargain and that I am going to be a burden rather than a source of support. Sure, I'm freaked out. Isn't that to be expected? But these days I am feeling pretty confidant and strong in my ability to be the kind of partner that she requires. I think she is coming around to the idea too. Hell, if she can perform the bloody show the least I can do is move the scenery.

No comments: