Monday, May 12, 2008

Ready, set, BABY!!!

Everybody keeps asking if we are ready. How am I supposed to answer that? Are they asking if we have the crib set up? Or if I am prepared never to sleep again? Is the point of the question to infer my that my ability to be a capable parent is lacking? Is it an invitation to ask for help?

We are doing pretty good so far in getting the house ready. Sure, there is a lot of cleaning to do and a couple of key pieces of baby gear that still need to be purchased but theoretically the baby could come today and we wouldn't be too far behind the ball. We have a bassinet, and the car-seat is installed (thanks Max).

As far as my psychological state, I'm thinking that I am pretty ready. Ready as I'm gonna be at least. Although I am a firm believer that you are never totally ready, you just make do with what you have when life presents itself.

No comments: