Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rust Never Sleeps


Junie doesn't like sleeping. It is about 10am right now and I have absolutely no idea how much sleep we got last night. I know that at one point she got about an hour and a half and the only reason I can nail that down is because when we finally got her to sleep we set the sleep timer on her white noise. Sure enough, an hour and a half later, when it shut itself off she woke up. I think that was at about 2am. Since then it has been maybe a half an hour here or 15 minutes there. We are trying all of the 5s techniques and nothing seems to give us those golden 3 or 4 hours at a stretch. I finally got her to some kind of sleep state about 20 minutes ago but stuffing her in Mama's new Moby wrap and walking around with her womb sounds bear - turned up to deafening levels - crushed up against her head. I can't lay down but I can sit and rock.

Damn it. She is crying again. Off I go to pace in the backyard.

No comments: