Monday, October 13, 2008

Recovery


As most of you already know, in July, approximately one month after Junie's birth, I was hit by an SUV while driving my scooter to work. Although my injuries were severe, even life threatening, I survived. I will never forget lying in the middle of the street writhing in agony and thinking to myself over and over again, "I can't die. I have to be there for my wife and baby."

These days my recovery is going well. Some days are better than others. It will take a long time before things get any close to back to normal again. But THIS is why I am still alive.

Over the past three months she has gotten bigger and I have gotten a little smaller but I am getting strong enough to hold her again and her laugh reminds me why I am still here.

Thank you all for you support and thoughts through this horrible time.

5 comments:

livelovelaughloud said...

Anthony, we are soooo glad to see you, if only in pics! you look great and we're so happy your on your way to full recovery! We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers as always! love, liz and raul

ABG said...

Anthony, you look tiny! And Junie looks so sweet! I can't imagine what you guys have gone through and I am so glad you're pulling through all that pain. Let me know if there is any way that I could help and hang in there. xoxo

Jenn said...

Hi Katie and Anthony,

I'm glad to see that you are able to hold your beautiful baby June-bug. My love and thoughts are with you always.

Sincerely, your cousin,

Jenny

Tony Martinelli said...

Anthony the WOP,

I had not checked your Blog since before the accident. Glad to see you're back at it. Hopefully we'll see more posts soon. You're looking brighter and healthier, which is good because that rugrat is gonna start running circles around you two before you know it. It's been a busy couple weeks, but hopefully I'll see you soon.

Your pal,

Tony the WOP

Michella said...

Dear Anthony, Katie and Junie:

Just checked your blog and learned of Anthony's accident - what a roller coaster read! (so I can only imagine having actually lived through it all!) - John and I send our east coast, liberal, elitist love from NYC to Seattle :) - thinking of you and your beautiful family and hoping to be in better touch - take great care! xoxo M n J