Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Day Everything Changed

June 14, 2008

I find myself looking back a lot these days. A lot has changed over the past year. But then again, a year ago today EVERYTHING changed.
I don't think Katie cried through all her pain and everything. I, on the other hand, cried like a little girl but what else is new. I changed my first diaper. After three days of labor, Katie finally got a little rest. And a little drink. What? We had a lot to celebrate! I found a new capacity to comfort. And Katie finally got to meet the little person she had grown to know so intimately yet never actually seen. She had a lot to be proud of. And so did I. We finally had our little girl and we were a family now. I fell in love with her immediately. We all fell in love with her immediately.
Juniper Rose Detrano, happy birthday.

3 comments:

ABG said...

happy birthday to Juniper and love to you and Katie...and much love to the blog that let's us share in your little bug!

Jenn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Congrats to 'Mama' and 'Daddy' for survivng the trials of this year. We love you and are so happy to see her (without having seen her). J & L

Kirk said...

อีกแล้วเบหบีอีกแล้วแต่ว่าเห้นแล้วก็งงนะว่าใครกันแน่ที่เป็นพ่อของเด้กแต่ถ้าเป็นคนที่นอนกอดอยู่ระก็เด็กคงดูแปลกไปเลยที่เดียว
ป.ล.คนไม่รักเด็ก